Thursday, January 12, 2012

Happy New Year - Week Four

I can't believe it is 2012. I rang in the New Year with an amazing kiss from the sweetest boy ever. (Mushy-yes. Do I care - No.) Last year was one of extreme transition. I moved, twice, finished grad school, changed jobs, turned 30...sheesh! It was a big year.
Sarah and I

I am happy for a bit more stability this year. I'm looking forward to solidifying my career, home life, and general well being. I feel like an adult these days. I have a one bedroom apartment and I'm living all alone. This is different for me. I've had Sarah by my side for so long, I feel like I've lost a limb.

Fun times on the pier with Harper, Sarah, and Alan
Thankfully, this weekend, Sarah and Alan came down with Bentley to visit and see the beach. It was so great to laugh with my sister again. Friday afternoon, Harper came down and we walked on the beach and the pier then ended the evening eating oysters with Sarah and Alan.

Saturday, Harper and I drove down to Edisto to meet his friends for a New Year's Eve party. It is always amazing to me that I lived above Angie for a year and ended up meeting Harper through her because of a Tweet-Up. (Long story for a later blog.) His friends welcomed me and we all had an amazing time ringing in 2012! Time has certainly flown by. I can honestly say, this was the best NYE of them yet!


Harper and I
Sunday morning, we drove back to Charleston and walked through the markets for a few hours. It was so wonderful to learn so many new things about a person. This is what I love about us; there is so much to learn about each other. There are so many stories to tell and hear. This is what makes the beginning a relationship so exciting. On top of all of that, I get an awesome group of new friends to learn about as well. I'm certainly the outsider, but I'm grateful for their kindness and welcoming attitudes.

No comments:

Post a Comment