Monday, January 16, 2012

Six Whole Weeks!

I am as shocked as everyone else. Six weeks ago, I moved here...six. Sure, maybe for you, six weeks isn't a big deal, but for me, I've moved a mountain. I'm growing to love my home. I'm slowly venturing out of my comfort zone and exploring this new town. I'm still not totally sold on being here forever, but I'm really liking it right now.

Yep, pink is my signature color.
First off, I really miss my sister. She's my best friend. I miss sitting up way too late chatting with her about everything under the sun. Yes, we have Skype and phones, but still.
Secondly, I miss inviting a group of people over for dinner and company. I know these days will return as I make new friends down here. I'm working on that.

Today's target.
I have started going to a gun range to conquer my unknown fear of handguns. I had no idea when I went to ladies night last week that holding a gun in my hand would make me shake. I screamed the first time I fired it and it took 50 rounds to feel better.

I did it. I went alone, I met people, I fired a gun. Today, I went back. I thought I could handle a larger weapon and I was defeated. I went back to the .22 and felt much better. I'll have to work my way up to the 9mm.

I was so freaked out by this 9mm that I didn't stop shaking for 3 hours after the session. I guess that's why I never hit that stupid x. Oh well...maybe later.

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea you had moved to Charleston. It is an amazing city. I also didn't know you wrote a blog. Now I do. Congrats on the new job with the coast guard. Enjoy the city. It is way closer to the beach than Charlotte. Make sure you have brunch at Poogins Porch and dinner at Halls and drinks at Boone's. Simply amazing.

    ReplyDelete