Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day Four

Today was the last day of training, so for a treat, the class got to watch Big Bang Theory. Watching this, in India, was hilarious. Because my sleep schedule is so disrupted, I got ill after lunch. It wasn't bad, just nauseated due to lack of sleep. I pushed through and made it.

Akshardham (from their website)
After work, Rohit, Michael, Harry, Josh and I got to view Akshardham. It is famous temple in Ghandinagar. Sadly, we couldn't take photos of this beautiful place. We walked through the temple barefoot and viewed the museum. As someone who grew up in a museum (Discovery Place for 8 years) I'm a sucker for dioramas and preserved clothing. Granted, we were indoors, with no AC but I just studied everything. Here is the site, their photos are better than I could've done anyway.
Akshardham Temple


The Laser Show all projected onto a water curtain. (from their website)

The viewing of the temple was followed by a laser show projected on a water curtain. It was so cool, but in Hindi, so Rohit had to retell the story to us after the show. We were all a bit lost. Again, no pictures, but there is a website.
Laser Show

Again, I can't express how much I love this country. It was on my bucket list visit and I'm so fortunate to have achieved it. I can't wait to travel more. Also, I can't wait to come back to India.

1 comment:

  1. Any place that has had a settled and continual culture for over 2500 years and makes over a billion people coexist has got to be worth visiiting at least once. Sam, you seem to do the things that most people keep as wishes or dreams in the 3:00 AM recesses of their minds. One day I'll stop living vicariously through you and just start doing this shit myself, like you do.

    ReplyDelete